Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Buy a new car in Morocco?
v
25 May 2006 13:38
I have been asked by English friends whether it is true that it is cheaper to buy a new car in Morocco and import it to France, than it is to buy new in France. I am very sceptical that this can be true - knowing the French levels of taxation. Maybe someone on the forum can shed some light on this please?
a
25 May 2006 14:33
I guess car made in Morocco are cheapper cause they dont live up to the standart that must be in europe.
not all cars are galvanise, not all cars have the same dimension of metal as in europe, engine size etc.

I know for sur in europe the cheapest place to buy a new cars are east europe, but you need to trust someone there, other ways you have denmark. in denmark cars are equipped with high standart to resiste the winter and still cheapper than France. cause the car dealler get them for special prise do to high taxes in denmark.

if you look at web sides in denmark, y0u gonna get surprise cause prises are very expensif, but if you mentionned that you wanna take the car abroad the taxes that you have to take off is almost 2/3 the prise of the car in the street of denmark.

i hope you understund my explination...
Aziz_dk
c
25 May 2006 19:27
Hi Volvofan,

Here's a website where you'll find most prices up to date, it looks a little cheaper but if you add the VAT when you import in Europe and most of all the hassle with our administration I'm not sure it's worth it.

[www.tomobile.net]
v
25 May 2006 19:28
Yes I do understand you - thanks. I guess it would not then be possible to obtain a ''Certificate de Conformite'' in France for a car made in Morocco? I will tell my friends.
v
25 May 2006 19:34
Thanks for that link Chelhman - I will pass that on to my friends.
m
31 July 2014 23:50
Besides renault making the dacia in Tangiers, Morocco importa all cars and they meet EU standards. Ask the dealerships.

Join Yabiladi on Facebook