Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
USD a real puzzle.......!!!!!!
a
28 February 2009 03:31
Assalamoalaikom,

Last month i made my order, at that time the exchange rate was around 0.50DH less compared to the actual rate. i already honored my downpayment(40% of my bill) and mid-march i should paid the 60%. The problem is that the rate exchange is still going on up and today its 0.65DH more since my downpayment. I am afraid it won't stop going on till mid-march and then i should put more money to pay my supplier which i never expect. this will certainly affect my selling price.......
please is there anyone who is in the same situation or anyone who have some knowledge regarding finance and trade, how can i make the situation less troublesome....

Amicalement
c
28 February 2009 16:43
I hear you buddy, part of my business relies on imports in Morocco, so I'm getting seriously hammered with the exchange rate. I thought with the current crisis the dollar would plummet but nothing so far.
The reason could be China buying enormous amounts to keep it afloat according to some analysts, keep in mind they're holding a large chunk of the US debt, but they can't go on forever.
Ultimately, it's like a bad check, that debt will return to its issuer and the dollar will adjust to its real value, which is to say...not much, since the US are a deadbeat.
a
5 March 2009 05:21
salam Chelhman,
hope ur doing fine,
yes ur right, i read a financial analyst report saying that Chinese are puting huge amount of money to keep the USD high but this won't last forever, the question is just when it will agjust to its real value as i'm really hammered as u areIll
K
5 March 2009 19:46
Not only the Chinese. Practicly it is in the whole worlds interest to kep lending money to US. The other alternativ (not lending) is far more worse than risking that the US never pays back.
l
11 March 2009 02:43
USD will stay afloat even if the economy is agonizing.

this has the ripple effect. basically most of the currencies are valued on a package, which ultimately get affected by the USD.

Personally, i have been buying the USD and i am hedging on a strong one in the future.

dont forget, a doomed USD is bad for china and / or saudi arabia. because if the US gets down, they wont find anyone better to buy their exports
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
i
11 March 2009 14:52
i don t think the USD is going anywhere but up sadly for us. China is doing them such a favor by buying their debt it s crazy, soon they ll own the US.
anyway, i think u should expect it to go up
l
12 March 2009 15:09
and it is happening now :

"[online.citibank.com]{DB64F769-5F24-441D-B 82B-C129DF97EB8E}&category=CAT:Top%20Stories"

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. dollar gained against most other major currencies Thursday, while the Swiss franc fell sharply after Switzerland's central bank said it will take action to stop the appreciation of the franc against the euro.

The dollar index (DXY), which measures the greenback against a trade-weighted basket of six global currencies, stood at 88.10, up from 87.719 in late North American trading Wednesday.

On Wall Street, U.S. stocks declined Thursday, boosting safe-haven demand for the greenback. The Dow Jones Industrial Average ($INDU) dropped 25 points, or 0.4%, to 6,899.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 03:10 by l9bi7.
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."

Join Yabiladi on Facebook