Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
royal air maroc s pilotes in strike
D
11 August 2009 00:19
Zack69
[I don't do anything wrong and neither Salma49 does.

Bye!

Now I feel bad, plz don't say goodbyesmiling smiley I hate goodbyes, stay just little bit longer. I'll be good, I promise.[/quote]

Hi !

Talk about your problems man, we are here to listen to you and of course we'll find a solution to your problems provided you 're good.smiling smiley
Z
12 August 2009 20:27
Hi !

Talk about your problems man, we are here to listen to you and of course we'll find a solution to your problems provided you 're good.smiling smiley[/quote]

that's the spirit. but sister salma to find me a solution, first you have to diagnose me, are you qualified enough? you think you can handle ITsmiling smiley
w
12 August 2009 21:58
i agree with them

they have to do it ,if they know how much a pilot makes in usa ,they're gonna shoot themselves for sure ptdr

it's really a cheap labor in Moroccoangry smiley
m
13 August 2009 10:12
morocco is not the USA , if they are after salaries like rich countries they can apply for jobs somewhere else and see if anyone want to employ them
most moroccan pilots already applied for jobs overseas, Dubai , europe , USA but unfortunately they are not good enough so they return to morocco and get the job
which means : lmaghrib 9bel a3lihome ach baghyine ?
a
13 August 2009 23:32
Just heard they pilots are striking again for an other 2 days ,my heart goes out for any one flying with them ,they managed 3 hours delays when the pilots were not on strike !
Z
13 August 2009 23:38
wajdia

they have to do it ,if they know how much a pilot makes in usa ,they're gonna shoot themselves for sure ptdr

it's really a cheap labor in Moroccoangry smiley

I won't call it cheap labor.it is a moroccan company, and that is the moroccan salary based on their degrees. like a Moroccan doctor does not make as much as a US doctor, same as Moroccan cabie, he does not make as much as much as a british cab driver. you have to undrestand, Morocco is a poor country compare to the US or europe.
the pilots have the right to protest if la RAM and the CO's make a huge profeit, but no raise for the little guys. they got to have their share of the pie.
and the public or the paasengers has the right to protest if the price is too high or if they put ristriction on the practice of their religion.
s
20 August 2009 11:27
did you know why moroccan pilotes are striking\/???
because they want all the pilotes of la RAM to be moroccans and not from abroad
i personally find that ridiculousthumbs down
a
28 August 2009 10:55
Royal Air Maroc (RAM) and its pilots resumed talks on Monday (August 24th) following a tense period that saw several strikes by pilots protesting what they called unfair working conditions.

Both parties hailed the positive atmosphere surrounding the dialogue, which was attended by the company's chief executive officer, Driss Benhima. In this round of negotiations, Benhima appeared to tone down the bitter criticism he had levelled at the pilots only a few days ago.

Following two days of discussions on Monday and Tuesday, the president of the Moroccan Airline Pilots Association (AMPL), Jalal Yaacoubi, called the spirit of the talks "constructive".

On this occasion "the pilots sensed willingness on the part of their managers to reach an agreement and find a lasting solution to the conflict, which has gone on for too long", said AMPL spokesperson Najib Ibrahimi.

He told Magharebia that the end of the crisis appears to be in sight, though in the run-up to the second round of talks, the pilots were not ruling out the possibility of going back on strike.

Ibrahimi told journalists that these first two days of talks were merely the "first stage", and that "other meetings have been scheduled over the next few days so that the details can be examined".

Benhima, who the pilots previously accused of making inflammatory comments, appeared to take a more conciliatory stance in this latest round of negotiations.

Earlier in the struggle, the CEO angered the pilots by claiming it would be easier to hire aircraft than to give in to the strikers' demands.

RAM's director of communications, Rajae Bensaoud, said that most of the pilots' grievances were discussed in the latest talks, including the demand to give the position of captain to Moroccan pilots.

"We're heading towards resolving the conflict in this industry by mutual agreement," she said.

In what appeared to be a conciliatory gesture, RAM executives allowed AMPL member Bouchra Bernoussi to return to work, after banning her from flying following statements she made to the press about the labour negotiations.

Representatives of RAM captains and pilots expressed delight with management's new attitude. The pilots' association confirmed its willingness to consider all proposals that are in line with commitments made to them by RAM management.

Khadija Zoumi, an Istiqlal party parliamentarian who sits in the Assembly of Councillors, said the pilots' strikes are justified since they are based on logical reasons. She questioned RAM management's stance, which industry analysts say has led to significant financial losses for the company.

Zoumi and four other members of parliament sent a letter to the prime minister in which they criticised the handling of the crisis. They appealed for an end to the deadlock, which they said had cost RAM a huge amount of money despite what they called the simplicity and lack of financial commitment involved in the pilots' requests.

Article written by Sarah Touahri , was first published at maghrebia.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook