Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Is there anyone driving to morocco 14 august???
p
8 August 2005 08:20
Hi folks

Iam drivivg to morocco and I just want to see if anyone doing the seem we can keep each other company.( dover to bologne)
thanx
v
8 August 2005 09:26
Good Luck! We avoid driving to Morocco at all costs during August!
p
8 August 2005 12:33

during what mounth do you drive to morocco then ?? if you got the kids
v
8 August 2005 14:03
I know it's always difficult fitting your holiday around school holidays, but in my opinion, (and we used to go every year for about 15 years when they were all younger,) August is a very bad time to travel for several reasons. Firstly, the traffic in Europe and in Morocco during that time is at it's height. Secondly, if you are driving down to Malaga or Algeciras, you have to be aware that you will drive through the hottest part of Europe, Central Southern Spain, which is not known as the 'Extremadura' for no reason! It is usually hotter than Morocco, so please make sure you carry plenty of bottled water with you in the car. Thirdly, when you reach the port there are likely to be long queues, which might mean at peak times you could have an overnight wait, no joke with kids in the car! Lastly, when you reach Morocco, there will be a couple of million other MRE's there at the same time, so the beaches, supermarkets, roads, in fact everything, will be crowded beyond a joke. We always used to wait until mid-September, or go in May, which unfortunately used to mean them missing school, but it never did them any harm. Also, you have to think about overnight stops, and it's difficult, if not impossible, to find rooms available anywhere on your journey in August.
p
8 August 2005 23:34
thanks for the advise ,I am driving in the camper van not the car so no problem
with stops and sleeps.but I think it's wise not to go in the high season just been quoted £296 (aljeciras to tanger) it's ripoff
thankx
v
9 August 2005 23:29
Yes, I always remember the Channel crossing being much more expensive than the Med crossing - now it seems it's the other way around. Do you intend to book with Speedferries? It's good if you have a camper van, like you said, you can stop to rest anywhere. Just one word of warning - make sure you always stop in a busy place, never somewhere on your own. I hope that when you do decide to travel you have a safe journey.

Join Yabiladi on Facebook