Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Why and Where did you learn English?
n
29 December 2009 16:06
Hi everyone,

Apparently the English forum is 'DEAD'...
So let's start a new topic...
The question is simple : Why and Where did you learn English?
For my part, I learned (I am still learning) it during my erasmus year in Ireland and during my job as Stewardess on barges for Americans customers in France and now in my current job as I am working with Dutchs people.

I wanted to learn a second language because nowadays it is 'important' to speak a second one.
And as I would like to travel around the world inchallah, English can be usefull.

Have a nice day,
see ya
Naj
l
31 December 2009 07:42
it is actually dead not because people wonder why they learn something but because they find better topics elsewhere.

sorry for the threadcrapping but this is one simple truth
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
S
1 January 2010 19:12
Hi najmae,

Hope you're doing well!

I studied Foreign Languages applied to many other subjects (Marketing, Economics, Law...).

I have always been attracted to the English Idiom.

Furthermore, I have also been overseas to have a bit of practice and to be familiar with the language I am in love with. You learn so much when you are away from your own environment, it's so special...It enables you to learn a lot about yourself and to stand back from things to improve your way of life.

As a whole, I love learning other languages (Spanish, Arabic and Lithuanian)...

Nice topic najmae, write to you soon Inshallah!

By the way, all the best for the New Year!

Sincerely Yours,

Latifa
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
n
1 January 2010 19:28
Good evening my dear,

Thank you for your message.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy, pease and prosperous New Year!!!
As you said it's so special to learn something different from you environment.
You are totally right about "It enables you to learn a lot about yourself and to stand back from things to improve your way of life. "
Tell me Sweetlatifa, do you use English often in your environment (life, work...)?
I like to hang around with English friends, watch VO movies and read books in english.

Have a nice evening,
Talk to you soon inchallah.

With kind regards,
Naj.
S
1 January 2010 19:38
Yes, I use English as much as I can...I just love it!

I have friends all over the world, so we stay in touch...

Within the framework of my professional life, I do use it too.

Guess what? I even think in English!!!

Sweet Kisses.

Latifa
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
n
1 January 2010 19:40
l9bi7
it is actually dead not because people wonder why they learn something but because they find better topics elsewhere.

sorry for the threadcrapping but this is one simple truth

Dear l9bi7,

I agree with you for the reason the English forum is dead. I know that there are better topics...
So I just tried to find something to talk about, maybe it's not a good topic but it's a start.

N.B : we are here to talk so the truth is important, so you do not have to be sorry for you intervention.

See you,
Naj.
G
4 January 2017 12:48
Hi, folks! Why and Where did you learn English? Let's figure out what to start from when learning English! Here is the brief yet useful report on it: http://essay-editor.net/blog/learning-english-what-to-start-from
a
9 February 2017 13:13
I think that the best way to learn English is to have a private lessons with the native speaker. I've visited UK three times already and each time I took private lessons. Last time I found where to stay for free at https://swap-house.com/host/united_kingdom/ in Bermingham. I spent there two weeks and it was great time. This year I also want to visit London.
14 February 2017 12:17
Hi everyone,

I ve learnt it at school and then I moved to the UK for few months.. after that I worked for an american company in the Netherlands.
now I often travel around the world so I keep it "alive" and I read a lot of books in English (I looove British sense of humour)

Join Yabiladi on Facebook