Several celebrities and influencers have joined in recent days, the campaign denouncing police violence in the United States following the death of George Floyd. Moroccan-Egyptian model Imaan Hammam was one of them. The 23-year-old model shared photos on her Instagram account while attending the Black Lives Matter protests that took place on Monday in Amsterdam, Arab News reports. «Incredibly powerful to be back home in Amsterdam standing together in solidarity against
In the middle of a global health crisis, Indonesia has announced that it is cancelling this season’s Hajj. «The government has now decided to cancel the hajj trip for 2020», the Indonesian Minister of Religious Affairs announced, Tuesday, during a press conference, Al Jazeera reports. «This is truly a difficult decision for us to make and we know many people are upset», the Minister added. Meanwhile in Morocco, the situation is still
During the current health crisis, social media platforms have been flooded with giveaways. The practice seems to be a way for small businesses to gain visibility and new followers, but it often turns out to be scams.
Staying in Plaza de Toros, a Moroccan stranded in Melilla escaped from the city's regional hospital where he was admitted for a covid-19 test. Showing symptoms similar to those of the virus, he indeed fled before knowing the results, which turned out to be negative. The man was located by the police when he returned to Plaza de Toros. Cadena Ser said guards at the temporary facilities recognized him and called an ambulance to take him back to the hospital. According to the newspaper
Last week, European Union Minister for Foreign Affairs Josep Borrell answered a question by a pro-Polisario MEP about the European Union’s position on the Sahara issue. Days later, Bulgarian MEP lhan Kyuchyuk addressed a written question to the EU's first High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy on aid granted by the EU to the Tindouf camps. The MEP first recalled that «the Polisario Front is heavily armed and has a
26 new confirmed coronavirus cases were recorded between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning in Morocco, bringing the total number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 7,859, the health Ministry announced. In a recent update, the Ministry reported that 221,154 suspected cases have tested negative for the virus so far. While deaths related to the coronavirus stand at 205, the number of Covid-19 patients who recovered in the Kingdom has reached 6,291. The confirmed coronavirus cases in the
On June 10, Morocco will be lifting the lockdown that was implemented for more than two months to avoid the spread of the novel coronavirus. But after the end of said period, will Moroccans still practice social distancing ?
Under the orders of Pablo Iglesias, Podemos marks its distance from the Polisario. The Spanish Foreign minister’s tweet on the Polisario flag is just one of the latest episodes between Podemos and the separatist movement.
Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas has extended his condolences to King Mohammed VI for the death of former Moroccan Prime Minister Abdelrahmane Youssoufi, Palestinian press agency WAFA wrote on Sunday. Abbas recalled Youssoufi’s «dedication to the service of his homeland and Arab nation’s issues, including the Palestinian issue», the same source added. For the record, Youssoufi died on May 29 in Casablanca after spending days at a hospital. Born in Tangier, the
A Moroccan who lives in Ceuta and who was stranded in the Kingdom since March died on Sunday. Omar Mohamed Abdelah, 72, suffered from heart disease and died after his health condition detoriated while he was stranded, El Faro de Ceuta explains. His family based in the Spanish enclave launched on Saturday an appeal to the authorities of the two countries to authorize his repatriation aboard a medical ambulance taking into account his state of health. For many years, this man worked in