Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Feeling down
M
25 June 2007 18:43
Hi all,

What do you guys do when you have the blues and feel like the whole world is worthless and that no one understands you? and don't feel like seeing anyone but at the same time badly need to talk to someone? lol i know it's complicated but this is just how i'm feeling right now. Thank God there are forums like this online where one can come and pour their heart out. Do you ever feel like this? what sort of things cheer you up and make you smile again??
g
25 June 2007 20:41
What sort of things cheers me up? I revert to Allah. He is the one who created the hearts and the souls. Thus, the only one able to cheers you up. Try making Wudoo and a couple of rakaats, you will see!
H
25 June 2007 21:46
salam

You right Gloom, that's the right thing to do, mosques also have a great therapeutic effect on me ....there was a time when i didn't pray and sought relief elsewhere but it was ineffective..

there is lots of ways: hearing the voice of my mother on the phone ( i shouldn't be saying this ... too old )

also, the fact that i know that it's just a matter of time and try to remember situations when i had real problems and when it was over...

there is also a very effective method : thinking of people who really have problems like people who are starving in africa or people living in morocco who cross tens of kilometers to get a bottle of water ... these people have real reasons to feel bad ....

salam
S
25 June 2007 22:59
Hi Minniemouse,

Try calling your closest friend and talk to her/him. Chances are you will feel better after a long telephone conversation. Seeking advice from the person you trust most works for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

Cheers!
s
26 June 2007 02:06
i agree with Mr Gloom, that's one good advice mrs Minniemouse, and reading some verses of Quran is also good (i mean the concentrated reading)no need to read verses without thinking deeply about the meanings, actually the whole life ain't worth a cent or even a drop of tear, it's so ridiculous but in the same time we're supposed to live it the way we should live it, i mean enjoy every moment and try to see the positive side of things, maybe talk to friends when you feel like your heart's full and swollen ... and when all these things don't work, well i guess you better go and crash out a little while ...LOL
M
26 June 2007 10:31
Thanks all for your help and suggestions. Hicham_A, your sentence "these people have real reasons to feel bad" made me smile. Are you saying that we should feel guilty for feeling bad because other people have more reasons to feel so? Well I don't agree. We are all human beings and subject to the same feelings, state of minds and emotions and thank God for that, we're at least equal in this one! smiling smiley
It's just the way we are made, there are times when we feel down and overwhelmed and the reasons could be endless. I'm not the type of person who would blacken the picture for the silliest reason. I'm just going through a difficult phase in my life and it gets hard to bear when it's combined with other little daily problems that's all. I'm not ungrateful to God on the contrary, I'm well aware of the good things I have which others don't but as I said, from time to time it gets too much and we all feel the need to unwind.

Shireen, I lost my best friend 5 years ago and never replaced him since. so not an option for me i'm afraid...thanks anyway smiling smiley
S
26 June 2007 11:27
Really sorry to hear that you lost your best friend. That is not a easy thing to deal with sad smiley I know replacing a good friend is tough but I do hope that one day you'll find someone else.
M
26 June 2007 11:40
Thanks Shireen, I didn't mean by "losing my friend" that he died or anything. He's alive and all. Our relationship has broken up badly and I sort of find it hard to trust anybody now that's all. Besides, I don't think I will ever find the same complicity and understanding which I had with that person smiling smiley
H
26 June 2007 12:10
Minniemouse.. if my sentence "these.." made you smile it means that i did something great today...

Maybe i mis-expressed myself regarding people who "have real reasons to feel bad".. it may work to think of people in worse situations but it doens't mean that we should feel guilty,having compassion for these people is, for me, natural .... On the other hand, people who do satisfy their elementary needs, are naturally exposed to other BIG problems.. stress, lonliness, GHORBA, Being expartiate, spleen, melancholy...etc,

As far as i am concerned, i feel so frequently down to such an extent that it became something usual, i think i'm Down-addict (ok i see, it's not funny perplexe)
M
26 June 2007 12:27
Hicham, you actually did more than 1 great thing today because you've just made me laugh so thank you smiling smiley

You're right, we should feel compassion towards needy, poor, ill people. This also makes us aware of how lucky we are, so we should never forget that.

Bertrand Russell said once " The aristocratic rebel, since he has enough to eat, must have another cause of discontent" smiling smiley

I'm not saying this is me though, I have genuine reasons to feel like this but I'm feeling a bit better. I guess talking with you all has cheered me up.

Thank you all
H
26 June 2007 13:21
i didn't know i was funny..

you found the solution now, as soon as you feel down come to the forum and post "feeling down II" or feeling down, le retour .........smiling smiley
S
26 June 2007 22:48
I already feel better. I thought indeed your friend has passed away. It looks more like a "betrayal" story and I guess unfortunately none of us is immune from experiencing one of these...Thank God people are different and some of them deserve our trust when we allow ourselves to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Glad to see you're already feeling better. Whatever challenges we encounter, we, humans, have the ability to handle most situations, once again, thank God for that, that keeps us going no matter what.

Cheers smiling smiley
M
26 June 2007 23:47
Thanks a lot Shireen for your support and kind words smiling smiley
27 June 2007 02:05
you have to take life with philosophy...

when i take a look at the news, all i see is a sick and crazy world...

but i'm not sad for that. i know that bad things must happen... it's part of life.
i lost my mother some months ago... i can tell you about how sad i am.

but we dont have the right to give up, to feel depressed... life is made that way.

and i like these people talking about Allah and the Coran when you feel bad... thinking about god helps a lot when you want to put some order and priorities in your mind... but it doesnt make me smile grinning smiley

but i dont know why you are sad... are you sad for yourself? for someone else? or for the world?

if you are sad for yourself, think about the people who lost everything... unless you are in Iraq, you shouldnt be sad.
and if you are sad for your friend who lost his cat... then, maybe you are too sensitive...

and if you are sad for the world... then it's stupid... the world is big... a lot of sad things happen, but there is also a lot of good things happening too ^^

anyway, stay sharp... all the time. life is a little time we spend on earth, and it's the only time we will have to succeed... so we shouldnt be depressed. we have to work hard...
s
28 June 2007 13:13

SALAM EVERYBODY....

For sure everyone can feeel Down, depressed & sad , for many reasons... what even it can be, we have to go out of this feeling.
WE NEED TO be strong , no matter to cry or feel sad for something, life 's too short , so Live it not just survive........

Yes, easy to say!!!!

That 's what i say to myself everytime WHEN i m in this situation ...

But, it sn t always easy to go out of our sorrowsss specially if we have nobody to help u ...

For sure; Alllah Almighty is The only one who can guide us in the same situationnnnnnnn.......But we 'r humainbeeings and there r some people who always need support from their friends and family, and when they cannt find it THEY JUST GIVE UP AND WASTE THEIR BEAITUFUL MOMENTS IN DARK MOOOD...

Unfortunately sometimes i'm one of these people, i give up to my sadness... and i just survive..

BUT HAMDULLAH THERE IS ALWYAS SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME REALIZE : To feel & enjoy the Happiness & sweet things, we always have to suffer . It's the life's rule!! BUT THE SECRET IS TOO NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Give UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...
AND NEVER NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SAY THAT NEVER U CAN GO OUT OF UR SADNESS...

So, i want to say to everyone ( read this topic, ME included ) usualy feel down & sad :

Take a Moment and Think aBout ALL BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL AND MIRACULOUS THINGS U GOT IN UR LIFE ...JUST THINK AND U ll REALIZE THAT WHAT MAKE U FEEL SAD IS JUST 0,0000000000000000000001 % OF UR LIFE.

THE SECRET IS TO BE ABLE TO STOP UR " DARK THOUGHTS " IN THE BEGINING AND FIND OUT SOME OPPOSITE AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS ..

AND NEVER stay alone when u HAVE depression ..PARAYING IS REALLY GOOD THING ...GOING OUT WITH FRIENDS ...PRACTICING SPORT ... DOING SHOPPING FOR GIRLS Clap ( i like this one hihihihi) ...WHAT EVEN U CAN DO,DO IT BUT DON T STAY ALONE !

And one of the most important thing is to keep your faith strong …JUST RELY ON ALLAH ALMIGHTY ÇáÊæßá Úáì Çááå ....

And never forget :

Þá áä íÕíÈäÇ ÇáÇ ãÇ ßÊÈ Çááå áäÇ åæ ãæáÇäÇ æÚáì Çááå Ýá íÊæßá Çáãæãäæä

ÕÏÞ Çááå ÇáÚÙíã..

åæ ÇáÞÇÆá: "ãÇ ÃÕÇÈ ãä ãÕíÈÉ Ýí ÇáÃÑÖ æáÇ Ýí ÃäÝÓßã ÅáÇ Ýí ßÊÇÈ ãä ÞÈá Ãä äÈÑÃåÇ Åä Ðáß Úáí Çááå íÓíÑ áßíáÇ ÊÃÓæÇ Úáí ãÇ ÝÇÊßã æáÇ ÊÝÑÍæÇ ÈãÇ ÂÊÇßã".

ÕÏÞ Çááå ÇáÚÙíã..

And

ÍÏíË ÑÓæá Çááå Õáí Çááå Úáíå æÓáã "ãÇ íÕíÈ ÇáãÓáã ãä äÕÈ æáÇ æÕÈ æáÇ åã æáÇ ÍÒä æáÇ ÃÐí æáÇ Ûã ÍÊí ÇáÔæßÉ íÔÇßåÇ ÅáÇ ßÝÑ Çááå ÈåÇ ãä ÎØÇíÇå".

And

íÞæá ÇÈä ÚÈÇÓ ÑÖí Çááå ÚäåãÇ: ßäÊ ÎáÝ ÇáäÈí Õáí Çááå Úáíå æÓáã íæãÇ Ãí Úáí ÏÇÈÊå ÝÞÇá áí: "íÇ ÛáÇã Åäí ÃÚáãß ßáãÇÊ: ÇÍÝÙ Çááå íÍÝÙß. ÇÍÝÙ Çááå ÊÌÏå ÊÌÇåß. ÅÐÇ ÓÃáÊ ÝÇÓÃá Çááå æÅÐÇ ÇÓÊÚäÊ ÝÇÓÊÚä ÈÇááå æÇÚáã Ãä ÇáÃãÉ áæ ÇÌÊãÚÊ Úáí Ãä íäÝÚæß ÈÔÆ áä íäÝÚæß ÅáÇ ÈÔÆ ÞÏ ßÊÈå Çááå áß. æÅä ÇÌÊãÚæÇ Úáí Ãä íÖÑæß ÈÔÆ áä íÖÑæß ÅáÇ ÈÔÆ ÞÏ ßÊÈå Çááå Úáíß. ÑÝÚÊ ÇáÃÞáÇã æÌÝÊ ÇáÕÍÝ".

VERY MEANINFUF SUPPLICATIONS :

** Çááåã Åäí ÃÚæÐ Èß ãä Çáåã æÇáÍÒä. æÃÚæÐ Èß ãä ÇáÚÌÒ æÇáßÓá. æÃÚæÐ Èß ãä ÇáÌÈä æÇáÈÎá. æÃÚæÐ Èß ãä ÛáÈÉ ÇáÏíä æÞåÑ ÇáÑÌÇá.

** Çááåã ÑÍãÊß ÃÑÌæ ÝáÇ Êßáäí Åáí äÝÓí ØÑÝÉ Úíä. æÃÕáÍ áí ÔÃäí ßáå áÇ Åáå ÅáÇ ÃäÊ.

** Çááåã íÇ ãÞáÈ ÇáÞáæÈ ËÈÊ ÞáÈí Úáí Ïíäß.
( my favorite one!)

Thank u for readingg 'till the End..

S@f@

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2007 01:24 by s@f@.
s
28 June 2007 13:27
To read the arabic text including in my privious post :

right Press in ur mouse ---> codage ---> Plus ---> arabic Window ..
M
28 June 2007 13:29
Hi there, thanks for your help unfortunately i couldn't read anything, i guess that's arabic right?? well i don't have the right software so can't read it sad smiley

but you're right about keeping the faith, without it we'd have gone to the other side long time ago lol. Talking to friends is also good although i'm not what you call an extroverted type of person, you need to know me for 10 years at least before i can open up eye rolling smiley

Shopping,hmm, not my cup of tea, i guess i'm the only woman on earth who doesn't have the patience to walk around shops and queue for hours to try a dress on! and my husband just loves me for that!! lol

Sport is a great help too, i went to the gym the other day and felt happy after that

and one thing that raises my morale is playing music. My guitar is my best friend and i just like to loose myself for hours while playing my favourite Jimi Hendrix tunes grinning smiley

thank you smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2007 01:38 by Minniemouse.
M
28 June 2007 13:36
s@f@

oh ok I managed now! thanks, very nice smiling smiley
s
28 June 2007 14:08
Minniemouse
s@f@

oh ok I managed now! thanks, very nice smiling smiley

U R MORE THAN WELCOME MY DEAR.

sport s good thing against blue's periods .. i prefer AquaGym , it really makes me feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll OUT OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ALLLL MY PROBLEMS, specially after a long stressful day .

u know , me too i m not so extroverted .. by the way i just realized that i didnt make new friends from a long time agoooo . I m keeing in touch just with childhood friends !
Clap .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so I have something to improve for this summer .

stay in peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2007 02:13 by s@f@.
M
20 September 2007 16:31
Hi,

Sorry for bringing up this subject again, i'm feeling so down today, work's mad and i just can't take it all anymore. I know it's not good to say this but Ramadan is also getting a little bit on me confused smiley
i hope i'll feel better tomorrow...
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
v
20 September 2007 16:37
hey minniemouse,
come on, i know u can make it, i know u r a strong woman, winking smiley
i feel the same way too, i didn't go to class today, i just decided to stay at my place, i have no mood to see anyone,
u know what i do when i feel this way, i put nailpolish on my hands, but even now i don't feel like it,
i'm listening to khansa's new song, here listen to it, try to sing it, maybe it will change your mood somehow, [profile.myspace.com]
if u have a problem and would like to talk about it, please do, i'm ready to listen to u
a
20 September 2007 16:43
Hi minniemouse

We all have those days but you are a tough cookie & you can come out of it
Go for a walk for 20 mn & let it go
Nothing is worth you worrying that much about it
M
20 September 2007 17:03
Hi Cranberry and atlas, thank you both you're so sweet.
i'm just having one of those days when everything goes wrong at work. Plus i am a little bit sick as my back injury has come back and the pain is horrible. And i miss home badly and my mum is ill and i am constantly worried about her..
atlas, you say that nothing is worth worrying that much about it, i wish that was true smiling smiley anyway, i can't go for a walk, did you see the weather outside!! sad smiley i'm in the office and feeling cold let alone if i go outside.
a
20 September 2007 17:08
Minniemouse

Sorry to hear that you are not well & that you mum is ill
All i wanted to say is we need to keep positive as we could be there for our loved ones ,so if we are not feeling good we wont be able to be there for them !

Sorry i did not see how is outside i had my head down all morning & like you thinking about this & that
At least we are all on the same boat & we try to help each other tru it
M
20 September 2007 17:15
You're right, one has to stay positive and wish for the best smiling smiley

how is your flu by the way??
v
20 September 2007 17:17
the weather is crappy here as well, guess what, i didn't even open the curtains, i just heard sort of rain, i hate that weather and it makes me depressed in addition to all the reasons i have to be so,
minniemouse, your mama will feel well inshaallah, take care of her, i wish mama was next to me right now, but she is far sad smiley
if you back still hurt, take tylenol or something pain reliever, till u get home, or if necessary, leave work, go shopping if u can, it's always fun,
H
20 September 2007 17:17
Salam Minniemouse

keep faith annd pray for your mum, it's ramadan and heaven's doors are wide open ..

and also think of poor albatoul and miloud, maybe their sitation will bring you confort ..
a
20 September 2007 17:20
Mini

You are an angle ! thank you my flu is clearing up
For you back i whould recommend Bowen again its very good
M
20 September 2007 17:23
Hello my guardian angel! smiling smiley you're right, this month is sacred so may it bring health to my mum and to anyone else who is ill.

Albatoul and Miloud are in deep trouble though, i don't know how they'll come out of it!grinning smiley
M
20 September 2007 17:26
atlasmagic
Mini

You are an angle ! thank you my flu is clearing up
For you back i whould recommend Bowen again its very good

good to know you're feeling better smiling smiley

i'm thinking of the bowen method, i'm just waiting to see the physiotherapist next week and if he recommends those horrible and painful exercices again, i will definitely try Bowen.
I went to my GP last week and he gave me the wrong medicine so now i'm feeling worse!
Join Yabiladi on Facebook