f
13 September 2005 04:22
hi montreal_l
feel free to contact me whenever you want smiling smiley
you take care and good luck
m
14 September 2005 17:01
I sent you a private message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2005 09:00 by montreal_1.
a
24 June 2006 21:26
hi there i was lookin for some one who study in canada <montreal>
*how s the rent ?
*how is life there ?
*well,how evey thing went from the interview day until u got there???
merci d avance
thank u so much
D
27 June 2006 13:59
the rent hasn't stop growing since 2000, back then you could find a one bedroom appt downtown Montreal for only 500CAD, now it's up to 1200 CAD that if you're lucky. most students attending English universities prefer to live down town to be close to school but to find a cosy appt down town is one hard task. My advice is to look at the other side of the St Luarent River in Longeuil, there the rent is relatively lower and it's only few minutes away by Metro. As of the standard of Life in General it's not that expensive, though it depends on how you live, in super Markets the price range is quite important because it allows you to choose from a variety of prices. Halal Meat is expensive on the other hand, so be careful to lose some of your meat loving habits otherwise it may cost you a chuck.
but life in general compared to Europe or to some places in the USA is musch cooler, Montreal is very cosmopolitan and people are nice and frindly in most cases, neighborhoods are safe (very few aren't so they should be avoided).

once you land, you will go through immigration offices, it's gonna scare a bit, well I was the first time, but be cool the immigration will check the paper they gave you in the consulate, and they will tell you what you have to do, like open an account, apply for insurance (the insurance card is called Carte Soleil) they may even ask you if someone is expecting you, if not they will guide you to some cheap hotels, the normal procedures I suppose. if you're planning to leave anytime between November and March, bring some warm clothes because once you leave the airport, you'll go Damn I wanna go Home smiling smiley

Good luck, and should you need any furher info, you know what to do winking smiley

Join Yabiladi on Facebook