Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Tattoos....Halal or Haram?
d
6 September 2010 07:55
Dude do you hear yourself?

For health issues, many people get infections because of circumcision... And what about the wretched law of cutting someone's hand off if he steals? So its a sin to worship something in Islam? I know people that tattoo'ed "Bismillah allahman arahim" on they're fore-arm and their ankles...

And not caring about how safe they are right now is ignorance... You just don't want your fact about ink poisoning to be false...

And second tattoos have a bad influence on society??? Tattooing the name of a loved one that passed away in respect to their memory is a bad influence? Plus what if i get a tattoo for free? I got friends that will do it for free....

Tattoos can make society a better place... By tattooing the name of loved ones that passed away, people will remember that death is always around us and to never stop caring because people can leave forever incredibly fast... Memorial stones belong in graveyards and photos belong in frames... Names belong on skin or accessories...
B
23 April 2013 03:28
Narrated 'Abdullah: "Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7) (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 815)"
y
1 June 2013 10:34
Asalamuwalikum. . .

What if its done on someplace on a body to cover up an existing scar. Just asking if u guys have come across something like this.
a
13 July 2013 10:05
What is the aim of it that t will make it good or bad (It is not in Coran to judge it from a religious view only someone's opinion 3alim) What I think of it personnaly is bellow:

It is a boring thing to do
It is permanent unless removed by laser and that will leave a scar
Waste of money
unattractive
you will look awful with one later in life
not everyone's cup of tee
your children will think its OK to have one too
one can risk infection or complications of the skin
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
p
21 November 2013 22:36
The reason tattoos are haram is because once you have a tattoo, that part of the skin becomes completely impermeable to water. For ghusl, water needs to touch every single part of your body. Without ghusl, wudu or ablution cannot be done (if for example, after having sex with your wife, you cannot immediately perform wudu and go for prayer, Ghusl is a must).

Therefore, tattoos prevent water from touching that part of your skin - and would not allow a muslim to perform the ghusl or wudu properly and therefore is Haram. Hope this answers your question. By the way, henna is a dye, and changes the colour of your skin, and therefore is not haram. Water will still touch the skin, the dyed skin. In the case of tattoos it is not a dye, but an ink.
n
8 December 2013 02:27
I just want to knw whether lip tattoing is permitted??.inorder to increase the colour of our lip??.
instaed of applying lipstick regularly ..is it good to have that permanent..?.
many said its haram...
someother saying its ok to have...
wat shud I beleive
Join Yabiladi on Facebook