Menu

News

Imlil killings : Families of the two victims urge internet users to stop sharing the graphic video

The families of Louise and Maren, the two Scandinavian tourists who were killed in a terror attack in Imlil, have urged internet users to stop sharing a graphic video that depicts the murdering of a woman. The clip is currently being investigated by the Moroccan and Danish authorities.

Norway's Prime Minister Erna Solberg./Ph. DR
Estimated read time: 2'

The families of Danish student Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, and her Norwegian friend Maren Ueland, 28, have urged internet users to stop sharing a graphic video, allegedly depicting the killing of one of the two Scandinavian backpackers, reports online newspaper News.

The call was made public after a series of graphic images were posted on the Facebook page of one of the grieving mothers, the same source says. On social media, the victims’ families shared a message, asking people to refrain from «watching the video».

«You know what is going to be on it, you know what you’ll see … someone’s precious daughters in their final moments, horrifically robbed of their lives. Don’t give the monsters the satisfaction. You can give these beautiful girls dignity».

Internet user

«Warning if you come across the video please do not watch it for the sake of your own mental & emotional health», wrote an internet user on Twitter.

Norwegian Prime Minister

Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg shared the same opinion about said video. Speaking to Norwegian newspaper VG, Solberg urged people to «stop downloading and spreading the graphic video».

«Spreading such a video creates fear and anxiety (…) I hope people will help (the victims’ families) by showing support and compassion to them».

Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg

The Prime Minister said that she had to delete the video several times from her page on Facebook after it was posted there multiple times.

Speaking to experts, the same source indicated that sharing the awful video violates the Penal Code in Norway.

For the record, the bodies of the two women were discovered with cuts to their necks on Monday, December the 18th, by two French mountaineers. The two girls arrived in Morocco on the 10th of same month for a month-long Christmas holiday.

On Tuesday, December the 19th, the said video was shared online. The Public Prosecutor's office announced that the video, is being «investigated» by the authorities and informed that the results of the investigation will be announced upon conclusion.

On the other hand, Danish Intelligence services said Thursday that they are investigating the hideous clip hours after announcing that it had been authenticated.

13 people were arrested, so far, by the Moroccan authorities. The first four suspects allegedly involved in the killing, pledged allegiance to ISIS one week before the occurrence of the tragic events.

Be the first one to comment on our articles...