Menu

Health  

Morocco records one death, a recovery and 55 new confirmed coronavirus cases, 225 in total

Estimated read time: 1'
DR

Morocco has recorded 55 new confirmed coronavirus cases, bringing the number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 225.

At a press conference held Wednesday, officials from the Ministry of Health said that 740 suspected coronavirus cases have tested negative for the virus.

Casablanca-Settat remains at the head of the regions with the highest number of confirmed cases, followed by that of Rabat-Salé-Kenitra, Fez-Meknes and Marrakech-Safi.

The Ministry of Health said that Morocco has recorded six deaths related to the pandemic so far. One of them was recorded on Wednesday : a 65-year-old man from Meknes. The Kingdom has also recorded a 7th recovery : a 69-year-old from Casablanca.

According to the health authorities, 51% of the confirmed cases are imported, while 49% have been recorded locally. 14% of the cases have moderately severe conditions.

Ministry officials also said that 2,341 individuals who had been in contact with those tested positive are still under surveillance.

As for the use of Chloroquine to treat positive cases, Moulay Hicham Afif, director of Casaclanca University Hospital Ibn Rochd, said during the press conference that «several countries use this molecule like China and the USA». «A use that has given promising results for patients with covid19», he added.

Recalling that it is a «medicine known to doctors to treat certain diseases with long-term use», he noted that this remedy was based on the opinion of a scientific committee of experts, and that it is a «sovereign» decision.

Be the first one to comment on our articles...
MahkamaGate