Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Private schools in Casa or Rabat
m
7 June 2006 14:29
Hello everyone

Could you please help me with the following ?:

I planned to go back to Morocco this year in sha Allah, and I am worried about my 3 kids (4, 6 and 10 years old) that don't speak any Moroccan language (they speak only english), so I dont want them to suffer while transitionning from only english speaking to other Moroccan languages, I looked around for private schools and I found only American schools ( 2 in casa, 1 in rabat ) that are very expensive for me ( $ 10,000.00 each), My questions to you are:

-is anyone one of you went through the same issue ? if yes how he\she resolved it ? and if this was a big problem for kids ?
-is there any affordable private school with extensive (Arbic, English and French) ?
any other helpful suggestions are welcomed

You help is greatly appreciated
c
7 June 2006 14:48
Have you tried through the consulate or the embassy in Morocco of the country you're in ? They usually have extensive information for their expatriates.
m
7 June 2006 15:24
yes, I have, but the price is expensive as I said in my previous post (10000 usa dollars) and also I am a Moroccan living in USA
m
7 June 2006 15:51
I do not khnow if this can help. Mo idea about the cost.
Good luck

[www.englishcollege.ma]
m
7 June 2006 16:04
Thanks, but I am interested in Casa or Rabat only
m
7 June 2006 16:30
Dear Mima
I am afraid that you will have to pay at least for the 10 years old boy. So he can not waste time and continues in an american school. The two others 4 and 6 can catch up in a french private school or regular moroccan schools. It seems this going back home was not really planned.

Good luck
s
sbs
7 June 2006 17:20
succes in morocco
a
7 June 2006 17:23
Hello mima and my best wishes to you and your family,
This last December while in Morocco, I sat down with my little niece who was only six and half and I was amazed how she read and spoke English, thing never seen in my family or even my poor neighborhood. Her father, my brother decided to send her to this school he’d heard about, it coast him 650 DH a month but was worth every penny. The children learn French, Arabic and English simultaneously. 650DH a month, I must add, is still considered good money for many in my neighborhood. I can’t tell you how proud I was of her languages and manners.
The school is located in quartier locean in Rabat, and it’s called Saint Mary (something) I know the name may bring some questions, I can call and find you the name and the address. They have their own buses that come to pick up and drop of the kids from their houses. By the way the price includes buses and lunches, too.
Hope this help a bit,
Almot
m
7 June 2006 17:42
Thanks Almotanabi for the informations, I hop you get their infor. (address, telephone #, website, anything about programms, etc... ) thank
a
7 June 2006 19:41
I found this site for you:
[graduates.com]
with some info
and also an article about a person known in morocco,high PJD, who studied at Sainte-Marguerite-Marie, just to show that going to catholic school doesn't make one become catholic.

Khalid Ouaadoud, l'islamiste du XXIe siècle
Ces managers qui montent
Khalid Ouaadoud, l'islamiste du XXIe siècle
L'Économiste 11-12-2001
Khalid Ouaadoud est un jeune membre du mouvement Attaouhid Oual Islah et du PJD
Très actif dans le domaine associatif, Khalid est également un sportif hors paire
Pour ceux qui le connaissent et qui l'ont côtoyé, Khalid Ouaadoud est un homme de foi, sérieux et doté d'un sens de l'humour inégalable.
Khalid Ouaadoud est né en 1966 à Rabat. Dans le fameux hôpital Dubois & Rockeber dans le quartier Hassan. Le hasard a fait que le gynécologue qui l'a mis au monde ne soit autre que le Dr El Khatib, figure imminente de l'histoire du Maroc et actuel secrétaire général du PJD (Parti de la Justice et du Développement). Ce parti est considéré comme étant "islamiste modéré".
Pourquoi faut-il parler de destin? Pour la simple raison qu'aujourd'hui, Khalid Ouaadoud est un membre actif du PJD et du Mouvement Attaouhid Oual Islah. Un jeune qui a un avenir politique certain. Les idées qu'il développe sont, pour le moins qu'on puisse dire, claires, réalistes et parfois même originales (ce qui fait énormément défaut chez beaucoup de politiciens marocains). "Pour faire de la politique, il faut connaître les problèmes des Marocains", affirme Khalid. Et d'ajouter: "Le meilleur connaisseur, c'est celui qui a vécu ces problèmes".

C'est à l'école Sainte-Marguerite-Marie dans le quartier l'Océan que Khalid a poursuivi ses études primaires. Cette école dépend de l'archevêché de France. Khalid garde d'excellents souvenirs de son passage à Sainte-Marguerite-Marie. "Les soeurs qui géraient cette école faisaient beaucoup de bien, sans prosélytisme", assure-t-il.
Almot
m
7 June 2006 21:10
Thanks bro
r
7 June 2006 21:29
almotanabi
They have their own buses that come to pick up and drop of the kids from their houses. By the way the price includes buses and lunches, too.
Hope this help a bit,

But have you seen these maniac minibus drivers whizzing peoples' precious kids back and forth to school?? There is no way one of my kids would ever get in one of those! They are not even belted in.
n
nnp
29 September 2012 19:30
sleepingspinning smiley sticking its tongue outI want emeils of privet schools in Rabat and Kenitra.thanks

Join Yabiladi on Facebook