Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
some help to improve my english plzzzzzz
c
10 May 2006 15:19
hello

I am morroco girl and I live in France but I wan't to learn enlish...
My dream is to speack english one day as french.
May I ask somebody to help me?
Thank you
I
10 May 2006 16:12
i adore this langage but unfortunately i was never able and'll never be to speak it fluentely like i speak french..

i hope someone can help you smiling smiley
E
10 May 2006 16:13
Mme Brunette
i adore this langage but unfortunately i was never able and'll never be to speak it fluentely like i speak french..

you should never lose hope winking smiley you only need some practise thats it!
v
10 May 2006 16:45
Hello Chelha - I am English I don't mind helping out from time to time. My French is far from perfect though!
I
10 May 2006 17:38
Ex-missdoll
Mme Brunette

you should never lose hope winking smiley you only need some practise thats it!

thanks smiling smiley

it's sur that to learn any langage we should practice not from time to time but always in order to improve..the problem that i have with is more about speaking..

smiling smiley
a
10 May 2006 22:00
There one really really good set of CDs to learn English, very effective and is not a waste of time at all. i know it, i know professors who believe highly in it. It’s called Rosetta Stone, it comes in all languages, it's like you have your own teacher with you.
Check this site for more info:
http//www2.rosettastone.com/en/offer/googlepage?a=b
The best of luck to you, and keep writing on this forum, that’s another way to improve, too.
Almot
O
11 May 2006 02:15
there s that kaplan book , it s a heavy book that comes with cds , thats the essential book that a lot foreign student that comes to america to learn english , to be able to go to a college or university .

ex miss :
whats that mandatory english test called ? i forgot confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2006 02:16 by Obs2006.
a
11 May 2006 03:14
TOEFEL Test ?
m
11 May 2006 07:03
Let me start saying that practice makes man perfectwinking smiley, but i would like to add one more word in that slogan that practice not only makes person perfect but also wiseAngel.So to learn any language you need to talk in that language with a person.REMOVE The fear of being made fun ofeye rolling smiley.,everyone commits mistakes and learn from it.so important advise speak in english as much as possible.read english newspaper ,watch talk shows with clear and nice vocabularythumbs up.come out of fear and take a step ahead with confidence and inshaellah you will very soon be wellversed with englishsmiling smiley.If there is anything else i can help you with i will be glad to do it Cool.
O
11 May 2006 07:54
almotanabi
TOEFEL Test ?

thats the one ,thanx mate .
E
11 May 2006 18:21
Obs2006
almotanabi
TOEFEL Test ?

thats the one ,thanx mate .

no its not the one its : TOEFL test of english as a second language
there are also some other tests as good as the one above there's ESL and so on...

For kaplan its not that good kaplan is good to prepare for theSAT but for the rest you can finf some better books I have about 3 books(that come with cds and online access) Kaplan,College Board and Princeton review.(really heavy books grinning smiley but its worth using them.
I already talked to chelha my MP when she just posted her message and explained to her what she really needs.
a
12 May 2006 00:31
Ex-missdoll said:
I already talked to chelha my MP when she just posted her message and explained to her what she really needs.

does that mean our answers were bad? or just that you think that you know what best for her, "what she REALLY needs" and we don't?
Almot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2006 08:46 by almotanabi.
Y
12 May 2006 08:02
Dear Chelha

If I may add my two cents,
You already have the French factor that can help you in the process. Use the cognates and experiment with the language and get a feel for it...In learning a language, I try my best not to come across as the Konw it all (Too little knowledge can be dangerous)...I've found that to be very rewarding!

Almot and Muslima suggested great sources and steps...

If you want to become fluent and Accurate, don't rely heavily on this Forum! some here, simply have no clue on what/how to say things!

Remember, you've already started and that's the toughest part! Best of luck, though I'm sure you won't need itsmiling smiley

Yani
a
12 May 2006 09:28
Ex-missdoll said in regards to TOEFL:
no its not the one its : TOEFL test of english as a second language.

NO, TOEFL stands for: Test of English as Foreign Language, not second language.
Ex-missdoll also said:
there are also some other tests as good as the one above there's ESL and so on...

I don’t think there’s a test called ESL, that’s the name of the study area, the branch, an abbreviation to say the study of: English as Second Language.
Thanks Yani for adding the good two cents here.
Almot
m
12 May 2006 09:37
chelha1983
hello

Thank you

Hi chelha, the best way to improve ur english is to get in the pool, i mean u should go for a 2 or 3 months stay in an english speaking country (UK or USA), it's the best practice u can ever have and as it's consistent in time it makes remember expressions quickly by repeting each day, as the english these people speak in the street sometimes doesn't respect the rules of grammar u should at the some time check the expressions so u don't learn anything smiling smiley
l
12 May 2006 12:31
marocain_fier
chelha1983
hello

Thank you

Hi chelha, the best way to improve ur english is to get in the pool, i mean u should go for a 2 or 3 months stay in an english speaking country (UK or USA), it's the best practice u can ever have and as it's consistent in time it makes remember expressions quickly by repeting each day, as the english these people speak in the street sometimes doesn't respect the rules of grammar u should at the some time check the expressions so u don't learn anything smiling smiley
yes i´m with u u must be inside this language to know it more and more in france u can not take it like if u ´r in USA or UK , or marocain_fier? smiling smiley
m
12 May 2006 14:13
lolitta2006
marocain_fier
chelha1983
hello

Thank you

yes i´m with u u must be inside this language to know it more and more in france u can not take it like if u ´r in USA or UK , or marocain_fier? smiling smiley

exactly
E
12 May 2006 16:21
almotanabi
Ex-missdoll said:

does that mean our answers were bad? or just that you think that you know what best for her, "what she REALLY needs" and we don't?
Almot

hey thats not what I said !!1 why you guys always try to make people say what they didnt say!! what I meant is that I talked to her by msn and she explained to me her situation and I figured out what she need! she can not talk about her private life in a forum!!!! thats why when she explained me her situtaion I got what she needs.
thats it nothing more nothing less.
And the thing is that she needs practise! thats why I told her I can talk to her whenever she wants so that she can practise.and please for those who said I didnt help her God know what's going on behind the scenes I dont need to post my help here to show that I'm helping!
E
12 May 2006 16:24
almotanabi
Ex-missdoll said in regards to TOEFL:
no its not the one its : TOEFL test of english as a second language.

NO, TOEFL stands for: Test of English as Foreign Language, not second language.
Ex-missdoll also said:

I don’t think there’s a test called ESL, that’s the name of the study area, the branch, an abbreviation to say the study of: English as Second Language.
Thanks Yani for adding the good two cents here.
Almot

Yeah sorry I said second instead of foreign.
But for ESL its a test ! go check and you'll see its ESL test you can go ask MIster google he'll let you know.
p
12 May 2006 16:57
hey, i will be thrilled helping you out to get your english better, i have been working for several american programs with U.S. college students and you can count on my english..so if you are interested just fais moi signe :=)
Y
12 May 2006 19:30
Chelha 1983;

I would be willing to trade my English for Tachilhit/ tassoussit and Tarifit...I am doing what some wise ppl here are suggesting you to do... I don't think you're interested in TESTS just yet; so keep us poted of your progress in the English Language, which in the case of Most moroccans is a THIRD or Fourth language.

Should you decide to join an ESL (ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE) program; also refered to as EFL (ENGLISH AS A FORIEGN LANGUAGE) which is the case in MOrocco and North Africa in General, since ENGLISH is a FORIGHN language not our second language...make sure you to keep a journal and read it aloud once in a while so you'll work on pronunciation and Listening...it's important in the early stages of learning a Foreign language for us to be able to hear and read what we Say before the others do!

Make sure you give yourself time to go through what is called "Phase de canalisation"= enough time to Listen and read extensively because that's your "savings account"= foundation that you will use in Speaking and ultimately writing.

Listen to tapes/ CDS + Read the transcripts aloud for 50 minutes a day;make sure you hear your OWN words;
Do simple exercises for 20 minutes;

Write words, phrases, sentences you remember most in the form of a JOURNAL every night! 10 minutes

in thirty days: You should be able to feel comfortable expressing yourself in English!

There you go the bunch here are an inspiration to you and to me in learning something new everyday.

Every day I learn that and I quote: J.D Bernal: THE FULL AREA OF IGNORANCE IS NOT MAPPED. WE ARE AT PRESENT ONLY EXPLORING THE FRINGES"

Good day to you.
Yani

Join Yabiladi on Facebook