Menu

Flash News

A Moroccan man accused of being Abaaoud’s informant is to be tried in Poland

130 people were killed and 413 others were injured in the Paris attacks on the 13th of November 2015./Ph. Benoit Tessier (Reuters)
Estimated read time: 1'

The trial of a Moroccan national believed to be Abdehamid Abaaoud’s alleged informant (the alleged mastermind of the Paris attacks in 2015), was opened Tuesday in Katowice, Poland, said the PAP news agency, relayed by Paris Match.

The accused is identified as M. T., a 28-year-old Moroccan man who has been detained in Poland since 2016. The latter is tried for «belonging to a terrorist organization» from December 2014 to September 2016. He faces an eight-year sentence.

During his trial, the accused denied that he was a member of «ISIS», and acknowledged instead that he had been carrying drugs and used a false passport to travel across Europe.

The Casablanca-native was detained on the 5th of September, 2016, in Poland. The Polish services were alerted by their counterparts from the European Union about him. The prosecutor said that the man «collaborated» with Abdelhamid Abaaoud, shot by the French police in Saint-Denis.

The PAP agency said that M. T. attended a meeting with Abaaoud in 2014 at Edirne, Turkey, alongside Amghar and Khalid Ben Larbi, «two terrorists killed January 15, 2015 in Verviers in Belgium». Photos of instructions for making explosive devices and pictures of potential targets were found on his phone.

Be the first one to comment on our articles...