Menu

Society

A British man dies of rabies after holidaying in Morocco

Estimated read time: 1'
DR

A British holidaymaker died after contracting rabies in Morocco, reports the Telegraph quoting the Public Health England (PHE).

The man said he got rabies after being bitten by a cat, while staying in Morocco. «There is no risk to the wider public in relation to this case but, as a precautionary measure, health workers and close contacts are being assessed and offered vaccination when necessary», said PHE in a statement.

For the record, the number of people who contracted rabies in Morocco has moved from 43 in 1985 to 15 in 2017.

In a statement issued on the World Rabies Day, celebrated on September the 28th, the Moroccan Ministry of Health said that 65,000 people are vaccinated every year after being bitten or scratched by animals, especially stray dogs.

Be the first one to comment on our articles...