Menu

Politics

Once again, Nasser Bourita denies reports on Morocco’s ambassadors in Saudi Arabia and UAE

Estimated read time: 1'
Foreign Affairs Minister Nasser Bourita./Ph. DR

After telling Russian press agency Sputnik, Saturday, that Morocco did not recall its ambassador in Saudi Arabia, Foreign Affairs Minister Nasser Bourita denied, Thursday, in a conference held in Rabat reports suggesting the same thing.

During the conference co-chaired by his Spanish counterpart, Josep Borrell, Bourita stressed that the information published by the American press agency AP, last week, is «unfounded».

The Foreign Minister said that Morocco’s ambassadors to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates were in Morocco to «take part in some meetings and they returned earlier this week to their positions».

On the other hand, the Government’s Spokesperson refused to answer a question on the matter, noting that the comments made by Nasser Bourita about it were «sufficient».

For the record, AP wrote, citing government officials from both Morocco and Saudi Arabia, that Rabat «no longer takes part in military interventions or ministerial meetings in the Saudi-led coalition».

The American press agency said that Morocco has even recalled its ambassador to Riyadh to protest against a report on the Western Sahara dispute that was broadcast by Saudi TV channel Al Arabiya.

Be the first one to comment on our articles...