Menu

Flash News

Morocco urges Amnesty International to officially respond to recent allegations

Said Amzazi, Mustapha Ramid and Nasser Bourita. / DR
Estimated read time: 1'

Morocco insists that «Amnesty International» gives an official answer concerning its report published on June 22, 2020 which includes serious and tendentious accusations against the Kingdom, said on Thursday Minister of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research, government spokesman, Saaid Amzazi.

«The Kingdom of Morocco, which has been the target of an unjust international defamation campaign, insists on obtaining an official answer from this Organization which claims to defend human rights : a response which includes all the physical evidence that it has used to undermine Morocco», said Amzazi in a statement read after the cabinet meeting.

The head of government sent a letter to the Organization to get explanations about these allegations and accusations, added Amzazi during a joint press conference with Minister of State in charge of Human Rights and Relations with Parliament El Mostapha Ramid, and Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Abroad Nasser Bourita.

For the record, Morocco’s response comes after Amnesty International said in a report that Moroccan journalist Omar Radi had been allegedly targeted by an Israeli spyware.

Following this report, the journalist was summoned twice by the police and was accused of «having links with a foreign agent».

Be the first one to comment on our articles...