Menu
Sign In Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Where would you want to be buried?
a
28 May 2006 09:29
Salam all,
Does it matter to you where you’ll be buried?
As immigrants who made their life in the west, sometimes with more ties to the later than to Morocco, where’s the difference?
Yes, I know the obvious answer is, I want to be buried home because my parent and family, my blood is from there and so fort ….
I have a large family in Morocco, I love them very much but I do not want to be returned if I die somewhere else. If death comes when I’m in morocco, then that’s fine, but if not, forget it, I really don’t see what the big deal is.
Yes I know the cemeteries are cleaner in the west, but trust me that is not the reason behind my point…
may you all live to be 200 years...
Almot
Almot
c
28 May 2006 18:57
Same here, I don't really care. The way I see it, we're just a pack of bones, so what's the difference where you're buried. If my kids want to remember me, we have wonderful technology now, with camcorders they can record hours upon hours of the living, talking thing and watch it together. What's the point of going to a cemetery and talking to a headstone ?! But we're dealing with millenia of superstition and beliefs so I'm in the minority.
m
29 May 2006 00:06
Death is process which everyone has to face even if he doesnt want to.Now the question comes of where to bury ,ya i totally agree with you,I wished to be buried in my home country but even more important than that is to be buried in Mecca In love.The land of our prophet SAWS.The idea behind that is may be the punishment from god might be milder as the oulama says.Lets hope and pray. Amensmiling smiley.
a
29 May 2006 01:02
I know a subject like this is uncomfortable for many, and so thank you for your reply chelhman and muslima. I started thinking this way when I first receive this letter from my Moroccan bank wanting me to by a sort of insurance, a small payment every month or year to ensure that in case of death, my body will be flown to morocco. And the first thing that came to my mind was, why? When I discussed it with family members last time I was in morocco, they were surprised, but I calmly convinced them that it’s no different. Look how many people visit the graves after 6 months of the death of a person, not many, look how many cemeteries are re-used or built on in morocco; I can tell you that in Rabat alone I saw that many times. Plus as Muslims, don’t we believe that god is everywhere?
Almot
Y
29 May 2006 02:12
Hi Almot and all;

I've been away for few days and here I come and the first thread I open is related to the same reason I've been away!!!! I lost a dear member of the family,father figure... It was interesting because We burried him and I even got to help in the process of DFINA...It was humbling to see that there's really no difference btw Muslims/christians/Jews...and to answer your point, it makes no difference as to where we're burried; I am burried! A prayer could reach the intended person whereever they are.

It was my first time entering a non-Muslim cemetery and I'm glad I did! It reminded me of how respectful we all are of the dead wherever they might be...
a
29 May 2006 08:30
Hello Yani and glad you’re back,
I’m sorry for your loss and please accept my condolences for the passing of this person.
I also had the chance to be present at funerals in the west; it’s basically the same, solemn and respectful. If we are true to our religion, then we know that it’s not the place where you are buried that makes the difference, nor it is the marble and the fancy writing on your grave, only what you’d done with your life counts.
this subject gave me another idea about a post related to this subject, i will open it in a new post may be tomorrow if i have some time.

Peace,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2006 08:34 by almotanabi.
Almot
m
29 May 2006 09:49
How do we decide where we want this final resting place to be?
Almot you are giving a headache.
c
29 May 2006 10:23
Krim said :

"How do we decide where we want this final resting place to be?"

You call the crew from "six feet under", they'll arrange everything...
m
29 May 2006 11:41
explain please
c
29 May 2006 12:06
Hi Krim,

It was a joke, "six feet under" is a TV show about a family of morticians. It's a little edgy, but they found a way to de-dramatize death.
Y
29 May 2006 16:25
Krim;

On a serious note,One can determine what should be done after or before death, in case of serious sickness, by having a LIVING WILL that's drafted by a Lawyer...It's very helpful and settles the decision making so the living won't have to struggle with it!
S
29 May 2006 17:09
in my case, I don't really care because , when we're dead, we're dead, a person has to be more concerned about his answeres to the angels Nakir et Mounkar rahter than be concerned about beeing buried in a place, after all, . this is only my point of view.
le crime ne paye pas, mais il occupe
a
29 May 2006 19:07
Sorry krim my friend,
didn't mean to give you headache, I know it's not a colorful subject, yet it is one that's out there, we just like to avoid it, and honestly, there's nothing to avoid, what's the big deal?
I watch six feet under, too, chelhman, yes, they'll do a good job.
Salam all,
Almot
T
29 May 2006 23:23
God created earth, so why should it matter where we get burried? Some even claim that a muslim should get burried at a muslim cemetary. I find that BS. God created earth, why should there be a difference between a christian cemetary and a muslim cemetary? Aren't we, people, who came up with that? So to me it doesn't matter.
a
30 May 2006 02:44
hi

some of you have been selfish, don´t you think!!!! cause when u die, u are gonne is people behinde you that have to take care of you. may be u dont care where your head will lay on. but i dont believe of course if your parent or brother still alive will let you be buried in a stange country.
is matter of honnor, that they couldn´t bringe you home close to your own.

i understand people that got familie abroad kids wife and may be parent.
the way i see it, I wanna be burried close to my people. it doesn´t matter where.
Aziz_dk
m
30 May 2006 10:17
Dear Almot,
I was asked by my wife once.
This year on april 18 her mom died at âge 62.
A big lost for us and for my kids since she was a wonderfull grandmother.
We are going through a hard time these days with grandpa etc...
This issue where one want to be buried needs to be clarified as early as possible.
I hope I will live until my kids are old enough to discuss the issue with us.
If not, I made already agreement with my wife.
Wish all of you a long and healthy life.
a
30 May 2006 21:25
Condolences, and best wishes for grandpa for speedy recovery inchallah,
I had that same talk with my wife, too. And while I found it not to be the best subject to take, it wasn’t bad at all.
Almot
Y
31 May 2006 06:11
Sorry,Krim, for the bad news! I am coping with theloss of a my father-in-law who was very good friend of mine. Mes condoleances my friend.
Thanks for the kind thoughs , Almotanabi.
Yani

Join Yabiladi on Facebook