In Ouagadougou, a 36-year-old man was shot dead after assaulting Morocco’s ambassador to Burkina Faso, Youssef Slaoui. The assault occurred on Thursday evening, according to local media. A police source confirmed to Omega radio that the attacker was indeed «shot». The same source said the man «has been found and neutralized», although at this point «it is not known whether he was armed». The Moroccan embassy has not yet communicated on
Hundreds of demonstrators took to the streets on Friday in Fnideq, in protest against the closure of the borders with Ceuta for nearly a year and the lack of viable economic alternatives, following the shutdown of smuggling activities. On site, Spanish press agency EFE indicates that this is the second consecutive Friday in which residents affected by this crisis aggravated by the health crisis, are taking to the streets. On the scene of the demonstration, near the large mosque at the center
496 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Morocco during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 477,656. 1,112,103 people have received the vaccine against Covid-19. 631 new recoveries were recorded during the same period, bringing the total number of recoveries to 457,956. 10 deaths were recorded between yesterday and today, bringing the total number of deaths to 8,450. 3 of these deaths were recorded in Casablanca-Settat, 3 in
Marouane and Imane perform acrobatics in front of several traffic light intersections in the streets of Casablanca. The couple, who used to perform in several events, decided to undertake this move to overcome the health crisis and their financial difficulties following the banning of gatherings and festivals.
The financial police and the state police in Lecco arrested Paolo Valsecchi, known for being a member of the Calabrian mafia, 'Ndrangheta, upon return from Morocco. The arrest was made on the orders of the Milan magistrate for Mafia, drug use and extortion, Lecco Today reported. The Malpensa border police quickly communicated to the Lecco police headquarters the man's return to Italy on a flight coming from Morocco. Lecco police and financial guard officers then went to Malpensa airport
Earlier in February, China alerted its partner countries to the use of the vaccine against the new coronavirus developed by Sinopharm, recommending particular «caution» regarding its administration to people aged 60 and over. While Cambodia has expanded the ban to several other cases, Morocco maintains it for all ages.
The Polisario Front has threatened to lodge a complaint at the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights to denounce the «crimes» committed by Morocco in Western Sahara, Polisario member Khatri Adouh said. Adouh said that the Polisario «is taking various measures, within the African Union, to counter Morocco’s violation of the Union’s founding charter, which consists of respecting borders existing on achievement of independence and avoiding the use of force among
Members of a Moroccan delegation, which flew to Israel earlier this week to secure the opening of a Moroccan liaison office in Tel Aviv, received their first shots of the anti-Covid-19 vaccine once they arrived in the country. According to the Israeli Foreign Ministy, the delegation was «taken to the Hadassah Medical Center to receive the vaccine». On Twitter, the Ministry reported that «Israel has vaccinated so far 1,400 foreign diplomats». فور وصول
The Ministry of Health announced the expansion of the national vaccination process against the coronavirus to include people aged 65 and over. In a communiqué by the ministry, this decision came after the Kingdom received a third batch of the anti-Covid-19 vaccine, on Thursday, February 11, 2021. The vaccination campaign is carried out gradually, according to the vaccine batches that Morocco receives, to eventually include all target groups. The Ministry of Health called on all male
During a Council of Ministers, Thursday, King Mohammed VI asked the Minister of Health about the run of the national vaccination campaign against Covid-19 epidemic. Minister Khalid Ait Taleb answered that the campaign is taking place in the best conditions and is marked by a strong mobilization of citizens. King Mohammed VI reiterated his guidelines on the need to continue this campaign with the same pace and the same spirit of responsibility, read a statement by the Royal Palace