564 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Morocco during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 476,689. 746,116 people have received the vaccine against Covid-19. 719 new recoveries were recorded during the same period, bringing the total number of recoveries to 456,751. 12 deaths were recorded between yesterday and today, bringing the total number of deaths to 8,436. 5 of these deaths were recorded in Casablanca-Settat, 3 in
The Health Ministry decided, Wednesday, to start the vaccination of health workers aged 40 and under after others aged 40 and older received their first shots of the anti-Covid-19 vaccine. A press release by the Meknes health delegation, Yabiladi had access to, announces that the vaccination campaign against Covid-19 is now open to all health personnel, without specifying their age. It called on health workers to «go to the vaccination centers on Wednesday and Thursday February 10
Saadi prince Mohamed El Attaz went for pilgrimage when he turned twenty. On his way, he was captured by Christians and reduced to slavery. After five years he converted to Roman Catholicism and became one of the first and only Muslim nobles to join the Society of Jesus.
The Serum Institute of India (SII) has been cleared to supply 24 million doses of the anti-Covid-19 vaccine to 25 countries, including Morocco, in February. People familiar with the development told Hindustan Times, Wednesday, that the list of countries include Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Mauritius, Philippines, Serbia, UAE and Qatar. The decision is part of India’s plan to export the AstraZeneca vaccine on a commercial basis to foreign countries and
The wali (governor) of the Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima region and governor of the Tangier-Assilah prefecture, Mohamed Mhidia visited, Tuesday, the families of the 28 victims who died in the flooding of an illegal textile factory in Tangier. The wali was seen in a number of districts of Tangier, such as Magogha, Bni Makada and Masnana, offering his condolences to the families of the victims, Tanja 24 reports. The same source recalls that the wali of the region had postponed a meeting
Following his arrest, Moroccan YouTuber Chafik Omerani, also known as «3robi F Merican», started a hunger strike, his brother Mohamed Omerani said. Omerani’s lawyer told the brother that the YouTuber «had been on a hunger strike since Saturday». In a Facebook post, the brother also announced that the YouTuber’s wife contacted the US consulate after she was prevented from visiting her husband. The American consul promised that he would contact her on
Morocco has named Abderrahim Beyyoudh to head its liaison office in Tel Aviv. On Tuesday, the diplomat landed at the Ben-Gurion airport, Times of Israel reports. The head of Morocco’s diplomatic mission met, on his arrival, Israeli Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi. He «told Ashkenazi that he was extremely happy when he was told of his appointment by Moroccan Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita» and «pledged to advance the ties between the two countries», the same
536 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Morocco during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 476,125. 615,181 people have received the vaccine against Covid-19. 1,035 new recoveries were recorded during the same period, bringing the total number of recoveries to 456,032. 16 deaths were recorded between yesterday and today, bringing the total number of deaths to 8,424. 8 of these deaths were recorded in Casablanca-Settat, 2 in the Oriental,
A World Bank climate risk profile on Morocco warns against global warming, rainfall and the impact on several sectors including agriculture, fishing and health.
Mining company Emmerson Plc announced on Tuesday that it had received exclusive rights from Morocco to develop $400 million potash plant, Reuters reported. Located near the city of Khemisset, a city in northern Morocco, the mine can produce up to 735,000 tonnes of muriate of potash and 1 million tonnes of de-icing salt a year, according to a feasibility study by the company. Emmerson will start building said mine by the end of 2021 and will start production by 2023, the firm’s Chief