The first group of Moroccans repatriated from Algeria were driven home, Monday, after the end of their quarantine, one of them told Yabiladi. After spending nine days in a five-star hotel in Saidia, the returnees were brought home via coaches and minibuses. «On Monday, we returned home after the local authorities organized transportation for us», one of the returnees said. «They started with those who live far from Saidia, like those from Ouerzazate, Agadir and Zagora and
Spanish police in Marbella arrested a 30-year-old Moroccan, who is the subject of a search and arrest warrant issued by Interpol at the request of Morocco. According to Diario Sur, the man is wanted by the kingdom which requests his extradition for crimes linked to drug trafficking. The Moroccan had also received a search order from the Marbella investigating court. The arrest took place when a local police plainclothes patrol saw a suspicious man with a nervous
Germany has decided to support foreign students who lost their part-time jobs because of the coronavirus crisis. Moroccans studying in Germany can also benefit from the plan that provides interest-free loans.
9,500 travelers were repatriated from Morocco with the help of the British Embassy in Rabat. In a press release, the embassy reported that the returnees were brought home through 58 commercial flights. The operations were carried with the help of the Moroccan authorities, airlines and ferry companies, and the British Honorary Consulate in Marrakech. The British Embassy in Rabat «organized transportation which enabled travelers to reach departure airports from several locations in
25 new confirmed coronavirus cases were recorded between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning in Morocco, bringing the total number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 8,533, the health Ministry announced. In a recent update, the Ministry reported that 355,817 suspected cases have tested negative for the virus so far. While deaths related to the coronavirus stand at 211, the number of Covid-19 patients who recovered in the Kingdom has reached 7,570. The confirmed
The easing of the lockdown may be faster in the coming days depending on the epidemiological situation in each territory, Saadeddine El Othmani said on Wednesday before the House of Representatives. He explained that said easing would depend on the weekly assessments provided by the Ministry of Health.
A new study by the Deep Knowledge Group ranks Morocco 92nd among 200 countries, in terms of its efforts to counter the new coronavirus. The Kingdom is also 50th for the quarantine efficiency imposed to slow the spread of the virus.
While Algeria’s Foreign Affairs ministry has said that the Moroccan consul had left Oran at its request, Morocco rejects the claims, insisting that the diplomat was rather summoned by Rabat.
At least 300 Moroccans will head home, Wednesday, after they have been stranded in southern Spain for three months. Well-informed sources told Yabiladi that three flights will repatriate the stranded nationals, linking the Tetouan Saniat R’mel airport to that of Malaga-Costa del Sol. Morocco’s national carrier RAM will operate the three flights on 2:20 p.m., 4:20 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. Stranded Moroccans, previously housed in hotels in Algeciras, confirmed to Yabiladi that
Morocco is planning to ease the strict lockdown measures it implemented in March to avoid the spread of the coronavirus. The measures take into consideration the disparities in the infection rate between regions, dividing the country into two different zones.