Menu

Flash News

Finland : Moroccan knife attacker said he was «in war against women»

The turku stabbing-attack in Finland./Ph. DR
Estimated read time: 1'

Abderrahman Bouanane, a Moroccan asylum seeker accused of killing two people and injuring 8 others during a stabbing attack on the 18th of August in Finland, told the court that he was «in war against women» when he attacked women in central Turku, said Reuters quoting Finnish media sources.

The 22-year-old suspect who is being tried on charges of terror-related murder explained that he had been to a mosque before the attack to record a video talking about the «U.S.-led air strikes in Syria and the fight for Islamic State», said the British agency.

«I honestly felt like I was controlled remotely... The idea was to keep attacking as long as a head falls», he told judges at Turku’s district court.

Bouanane’s trial opened Monday 8th of April. The Finnish police indicated in February that the Moroccan man committed the stabbing-attack motivated by hatred and that he has been influenced by the «heavy bombardments by the Western-led coalition in Syria last year».

Before that, a psychiatric assessment suggested that Bouananae was criminally responsible for the stabbing. Meanwhile, he did not admit any terrorist motive, according to his lawyer, Kaarle Gummerus who claimed last year that «(his client) admits manslaughter and injuries ... But what the investigator has brought up this far may not be enough to classify this as a terrorist crime».

Be the first one to comment on our articles...